- To manage my time effectively. Account for everything ie, allocate longer gaps in between each tasks to allow for unplanned and unseen obstacles. Strictly follow the outlined schedule from the beginning- to achieve this weekly check-ins should be done; all weekly goals should be met in order for the outlined schedule to play out as planned.
- To enhance my visual communication skills– to improve my drawing skills so that they stand and speak for themselves alone without the need for any explanation whether oral or written.
- To enhance my verbal communication skills. I have trouble pairing appropriate words with my thoughts to communicate my ideas to my colleagues. To achieve this, I will try even more to actively participate in the group. I find that if it is just a pair, it is fine for me, however within a group of more than two (with people in the class that I don’t know as well yet) I can still feel out of my skin at times and shy away from the spotlight. I acknowledge that to be an effective designer, you need your voice and a strong character to share ideas and insights. I will also strive to prepare rigorously for presentations beforehand.
- To be even more thorough in the design process than I have been in the previous project. This ties back in to managing my time effectively. To be able to show how thorough I have been in a project, I would need to allow myself a decent amount of time to explain my every design decision thoroughly.
- To further develop skills using Adobe software programmes and possibly become more fluent in 3D CAD software programmes such as Rhino and/or Solidworks.